10 more Reasons to
believe in Jesus
1. His durability. I am more than a little impressed that after 2,000 years of controversy, opposition, rage, and anger, Jesus still remains the only constant, durable message of hope the world has ever known. He just won’t be ignored.
2. His fulfillment of prophecy. The majority of the Bible, particularly the Old Testament is taken up with prophecies about the Messiah. Jesus is the fulfillment of all those prophecies, not just that He fulfilled prophecy, but He is the fulfillment of all of those prophecies. His life, ministry, and work were all predicted hundreds and hundreds of years before they ever happened and they occurred exactly as they were predicted and prophesied when Jesus could have had no possible control.
3. His teachings. While we have tried to civilize Jesus in our culture, His teachings are indeed radical. As a matter of fact, if we followed His teachings to the letter we wouldn’t have the violence and war that we have today. His teachings are recognized as morally superior even by those who do not recognize His deity.
4. His life. His life has been the subject of study, controversy, expose, and research. And because of the life He lived, the impact of that life still remains today. It’s a compelling argument to believe that He indeed was and is the Son of God, Savior.
5. His promises. Jesus promised, for example, that He’d come to give life, that He’d come to give rest. Jesus promised that His church would prevail. Jesus promised that eternity would be good for those who could believe. All the promises He’s made in my life have come true and I’ve seen those promises worked out in the lives of so many others. The best is yet to come.
6. His global impact. When billions of people around the planet today still claim the name of Jesus as the Messiah, as their Savior and Lord, it cannot be ignored. When Bono was asked about the viability of claims of Jesus Christ, he pointed to the global durability or impact through Jesus and His ministry even today as proof enough for him to follow Jesus.
7. His love. His love is the greatest redemptive force on planet earth. He was a prophet of love. He preached and taught love and exemplified the greatest love when he sacrificed His life for us even while we were yet antagonistic toward Him and had nothing to offer.
8. His accomplishments. Think of it, Jesus owned nothing, wielded no power, held no office, didn’t travel far from His own home, and had only twelve official followers when he died. And yet from that small beginning, He has achieved an epic presence in the world for over 2,000 years. What He has accomplished can’t be measured and what people have accomplished in His name has made life better for everyone and continued to pull the world back from the brink of disaster.
9. His courage. When you study the life of Jesus, it was His courage in the face of opposition of beating, of mockery, of betrayal; His steadiness of purpose, and His singularity of mission that allowed Him to move forward even into spaces where He knew He would be betrayed and crucified. He was and is not only God, but man. And as man His courage is not only inspiring, but in every sense of the word, transforming because He lives in and through His followers. It is His courage that animates my life with purpose, hope, and joy.
10. His inclusivity. Jesus taught us by example in John 8 that true inclusion, love and acceptance are based on defending sinners as people; but rejecting their sins by encouraging them to repent or turn away from their sinful ways so they won't be condemned. Christ gospel is inclusive in its invitation as "whosoever will, may come.” but exclusive in its application as Salvation is only through Christ. Christ hung around people of questionable reputation. He chose in His inner circle those who had no connection to the elite. He was as comfortable with the scholars of His day as He was with common, ordinary people, or prostitutes. You might say Jesus never met a person that He didn’t love.
1. Believing in Christ produces better health
Studies have demonstrated how prayer and worship restores and strengthens our immune system against physical and mental sickness and disease.
2. Believing in Christ produces greater happiness
Stats have shown how believers who attend church on a regular basis have a greater depth of purpose and fulfillment in their lives and relationships.
3. Believing in Christ produces deeper hope
Research has indicated that the Christian Faith offers the most sustaining levels of hope in the midst of tragedy and despair.
Why only Jesus?
1. Jesus is the only one that claimed and proved equality with God. John 14:9
2. Jesus is the only one that claimed and proved exclusivity to God. John 14:6
3. Jesus is the only one that claimed to provide eternal life with God. John 10:28
The only way, truth and life
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
1. Jesus is the ONLY TRUE DIRECTION in your life- “I am the only way”
2. Jesus is the ONLY TRUE DESIRE of your life- “I am the only life”
3. Jesus is the ONLY TRUE DEFINITION of your life- “I am the only truth”
Jesus is the Reason
J- Justification through Christ Redemption
E- Evidence through Christ Resurrection
S- Sanctification through Christ Righteousness
U- Understanding through Christ Revelation
S- Strength and Satisfaction through Christ Renewal
Benefits of Believing
1. It restores our relationship with God
2. It regenerates our hearts
3. It renews our minds
4. It release our carnal impulses
5. It replaces our old nature with a new one
Only the Bible gives detailed, provable and convincing prophecies
Jesus is God because he possesses the same titles and characteristics of God